Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rediscovering blogging

Attended a course on the "7 habits of highly effective people" recently... It's more like a workshop to motivate you and make you realise that the choice is in your hands. You can choose to be happy or focus on negative thoughts and let it dominate your life.

I guess we all have the 7 habits in ourselves but this was a good refresher, reminding me to focus on the important things that matter TO me. Hmm.. I think I came away with my key takeaway as enlightenment. I decided to try the philosophy out.

Immediately I started on re-focusing my priorities in my life in the social, emotional, spiritual and physical aspects. I want to:

Social - Meet up more with friends, family or learn a new skill (Yes, I made enquiries about picking up drumming or improving my guitar at Yamaha Contempo School.. first step out)
Physical - Continue exercising every weekend (Already feeling the benefits of cardio movements; more energetic! Need to make it a habit every weekend)
Spiritual - Read inspirational books, including the Bible and listen to inspirational uplifting music
Emotional - Blog or write a journal (Apparently this can help release stress or balance your emotions, similar to talking to people. But if you cant talk often, you can blog and I have decided to go back to blogging)

In addition, whatever I cannot change, I shall not dwell on it, especially at the workplace. They will reap whatever they sow and I have to make plans for myself. It's been several days and I can see this simple strategy working, I do feel more enlightened and less burdened!

Be happy. Smile!

No comments:

Followers